TEXTING....
TEXTING............
TEXTING.........................
i am so sick of watching teenagers (or younger) texting like their life depends on it. did you know some of them are SO talented at this annoying act they can text WITHOUT even looking at their phone. like, hello. i know you are texting i can see your THUMB MOVING!
Is this just some weird evoultion thing... i watch the discovery channel lots, they always talk about how animals develop weird abilities to adapt...
What can i do without looking?
i can put a fork to my mouth, but even then sometimes i miss and hit my teeth.
i never really could dribble a basketball very good left handed.. i just had to take a peek!
i can walk without looking at the ground. wait.. or am i looking? oh, now im just confused.
Well, my point here is that teenagers now days have a disease...an obsession, and it is called texting. i had someone over to my house to watch my son and she was texting while i was giving her instructions about babysitting my son.. ahh WHAT! Get off your phone before i chuck it through my double pane window!
okay, as you guys know i have a lot of extra hormones surging through these veins.. but seriously am i totally crazy or do you guys notice that all of the teenagers have their hair did, their nails done, an extra big whad of gum in their mouth....and a CELL PHONE! When i was their age it was cool to wear pajama pants to school with wet hair... okay maybe it wasnt 'cool' but that is what i did.
i just have so many questions....
how do these kids even afford to get their nails and hair done... they NEVER have roots!
how do they get to buy those cute designer jeans...
who are they texting??? arnt you with all of your friends at the basketball game, or are they just texting each other two feet away??
why are their shorts SOO SHORT! and why did i NEVER have legs like that!
so many questions, so little time until i have teenagers...i hope the next decade goes real slow!
i thought this quote was funny...
Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
hahahahah!!! I love your posts! I love them expecially since you've been pumped full of pregnancy hormones! And yes teenagers are wayyy different then when we were growing up. In a few years we'll have ourselves a couple of teenagers what then eh! haha.
your blog has officially become my favorite! I love it! And I have to agree with you. I dread the day my girls are teenagers... I don't think I am cut out for it.
I so agree with you. We were lucky to have 10 dollars on the weekend. Just enough for a movie and wendys. Who does pay for all their stuff?
I hate texting. I rarely do it and feel like a huge dork when I do. I just can't believe how rude they are with it- all she had to do was stop for 5 minutes while you gave her instructions about Parks. Unbelievable.
Marisa, I just re-discovered your blog. Sure glad I did!
i just pictured a picture of you in one of our year books and you are wearing pj's. haha. i don't know if your hair was wet or not though... you were cool just so you know.
the texting while your giving instructions scares me. so are they actually watching our kids when they are babysitting...?
i'm terrified to have teenagers, or my girls just growing up for that matter. they learn to many things too young.
my babysiter isn't aloud to be on the phone including texting or on the computer when she baby sits or brady wont pay her, its my neice but thats the rule, andthe other sitter is my nephew and his mom wont let him have a phone so that works. im not even pregnant and i have these rants to brady all the time. i want a girl but i don't want to deal with the short shorts and the name brand clothes all that bad.
haha - so true! the sad thing too is that it goes beyond teenagers cuz they start so young and then don't know how to live without those crutches! so annoying and seriously.....she was texting while you were giving her instructions?!?!?!? not cool!
Oh my gosh that is the funniest post EVER, hilarious, and so true.
I whole-heartedly agree with you, Marisa! It's crazy how out of control it is. I always tease/get after every teenager I'm around because it is such a terrible, tacky habit. I can't believe your babysitter did it right in front of you. Shoulda turned around and took her home...can't trust a sitter that does it that blatantly thinking she's being discreet!
Amen marisa! its an epidemic.. I've don't quite a few posts on it too it drives me crazy! Our yw's camp had one little window of service and the girls could think of nothing else! What a world eh! Loving your posts you are so funny!
So true Marisa!!!
HAHAHA !!! I was thinking about that same thing the other day. What really drives me nuts about it is they even carry it with them to church or everywhere and text all day.. can't put it down for a second. I might have to be a terrible parent and not let my kids have one unless they are paying for everything themselves.
Hey Marissa I just found your cute blog when I was on Kwynnes and I had to say hello and tell you how great you look and how awesome that post was! Good luck with baby number two!! You can do it!
Post a Comment