Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Have you ever met my bestfriend. Her name is Shopping

So i can hardly contain myself. for those of you who know me well, know i love to shop. dont get me wrong i can hold back. There was a time in my life were if i had 500 bucks in my account i would go shopping with my roomies and then out to dinner and a movie. yep, lest just be so irresponsible and drain my bank account and eat celery for the rest of the week.
 my will power has come a long way but so has my taste. There are a few stores i just cant resist but usually i cant indulge the way i would like to BUT this year i am going to Vegas for BLACK FRIDAY. i have never been to black friday but i can only imagine the CRAZINESS! i plan to hit only my favourite stores, sharpen my elbows, and get some good deals.
so has anyone been to black friday. i have never been and need to be prepared, is it completely crazy...do i need to wear hockey gear?!?!?


6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ha Ha..I love to shop too. I went to Great Falls last year for Black Friday and it was crazy. Like seriously crazy. People start lining up at Target the night before. But it was fun. We asked our hotel to leave a Black Friday flyer in our room, so we planned out where we wanted to go the night before. Also, we only bought the things on sale and then went back the next day for everything else when it wasn't so crazy. I went with my sister in law and I would go get everything and she would just line up at the till so we could move on to the next store. I sound like a serious shopping creep here. But people go crazy. Even with the hotel and gas to get there I still think I saved thousands. Ya thousands. I also love to shop too. Cheapest Christmas ever. Good luck in Vegas! Also, you have some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen.

Baker Family said...

It's so fun!!! I LOVE to shop too...but I LOVE to get deals more!!!! You will have a blast. We went last year in Spokane and it was crazy how many people are lined up REALLY early. We got to target 10 minutes after opening and all the REALLY good deals were hard to find. So go EARLY!! We still saved a ton, but go with other shopaholics and shop like crazy!!! haha. (We shopped for 17 hours the first day and then slept and woke up and shopped for another 10 hours!!! Jared wasn't that impressed with how much I spent...maybe I need to start saving up for this year in Phoenix).

Melissa said...

You need to mentally and physically prepare yourself! First make sure you have people with you, have someone stand in line to pay while the others go grab everything else and then you can switch. Be there the night before...bring blankets and hot chocolate, even in Vegas. It is some serious stuff and you have to know what you want or you want get anything, it will be all gone. Good Luck! Oh and don't take your husband even if he's a shopper!!!!

Brittany said...

i agree with all the others..I mean there were people climbing on the shelves and tossing things down to those below...I would only recommend not going with kids...I know that might be hard but if Chris is up for the challenge just leave him with Navy and go or have a good sling to carry them in!! That will be so fun...I haven't ever done the Vegas Black friday!!!

Kate said...

Marisa! I remember those days too...except I was likely to go on a shopping spree and out to dinner with you girls with far less than $500 in my account. Wow. How those carefree/stupid days are gone. I agree with the others about the shopping advice. Take a nap before you go...and bring snacks for your purse. I get grumpy when I'm hungry :)

Stephanie Walburger said...

Oh maris! You lucky girl! You get to do black friday in VEGAS!I don't know if it gets much better than that. And shopping really is a girls best friend eh!! Love it!